Care To Compare
Carbon Software for SMEs
Care to Compare is a brilliant new free app that Green Oak are developing specifically to help engage SMEs in energy efficiency and carbon reduction measures. The idea for the app came as a result of the SME Enviro App competition sponsored by 2020 Climate Group members Scottish and Southern Energy, the Scottish Government, SEPA and Microsoft.
The award was presented by Scotland’s First Minister, Alex Salmond at the Low Carbon Investment Conference on October 11th.
Fed up with gimmicky carbon calculators that seem to be all over the web, we wanted to provide an easy to use tool that would enable SMEs to compare their energy consumption performance with that of their peers and competitors and then easily assess the carbon and cost impacts of improvement measures.
The app will be available in web and mobile form supporting all major browsers and the main mobile platforms – iOS, Android and Windows.
- Educate – some highly interactive educational material on carbon, what it is and why it is important
- Compare – enter some basic energy information as well as size of premises, number of employees and turnover and compare energy performance with other companies in your sector
- Take Action – select from a number of categories including energy, heat, water, waste and pick specific reduction actions and see the cumulative impact in terms of cost and CO2
- Measure – this is where companies would subscribe to carboncheck to monitor and measure on an ongoing basis
- Plan – create a reduction plan and track progress against the plan
The Care to Compare app is now available to download for free in the major app stores – Apple, Google and Windows